Luz Verhaal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy roleplay site where you can explore a rich world full of fun and adventure.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterinfo!The many races of Luz VerhaalLog in

Homecoming

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cio

Female
Number of posts : 13
Characters : Kaida
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Kaida strode through Treilldei City, a smile across her face as she drank in all the sights, all the people, all the changes, in the place she once called home. Upon her back rested a small bag, with a few changes of clothes in, and next to her sword hung a small coin purse. She shut her eyes for a moment, the breeze running through her hair and the noise of the city washing over her. She opened them to find a small kid near her, staring. "Hey, whatcha looking at, ya scrawny little thing?" She scowled at her. The little kid slowly walked over, trembling. "Um...um... c-can I... can I have money please?" The kid flinched as if expecting to be hit, but Kaida just blinked at her, remembering her days as a beggar-child. "Yeah... sure..." Her voice had a softer tone about it, and she reached into her purse and gave the kid a silver piece. "Now run off and keep out of trouble, ya hear me?"
About ten minutes later, after wandering around the city and taking her bearings, she stopped at a small tavern. She walked in to find a warm atmosphere, with a fair amount of noise. She sat down at the emptiest table she could find, meaning she had one person sat opposite her. Asking just for a chunk of bread, she waited patiently for her food to arrive, while stealing curious glances at the other person on the table.
Back to top Go down
Derik

Derik

Male
Number of posts : 32
Characters : Erin MacAnsley
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:14 am

((Hiya! I was wondering if I could join as a person who is not the person across the table- this would be a perfect test drive for my new character. I can wait for the table person, too, if you'd like. ^-^))
Back to top Go down
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:26 am

((Thats fine! You don't need to wait fo the person on the table, there isn't anyone specific for that character, if no-one wants to be them, I'll just make them a minor character who just happens to be there.))
Back to top Go down
Derik

Derik

Male

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:12 pm

Alexis sat next to the stage, waiting for her act to begin.
This was one of her favorite taverns- the regulars were nice and never got too
rowdy- not to mention the guitarist they supplied was pretty cute. Maybe she’d
buy him a drink tonight.

She let her eyes roam the room, noting the regulars and the
faces she wasn’t used to. She’d seen most, if not all, of these people before.
She did take note of a woman that she’d never seen before- a tomboyish looking
gal with deep red hair. Women generally didn’t frequent this place. She’d have
to say hello to her after she finished her dance.

She glanced at the bartender, who held up all ten fingers.
Ten minutes left. Alexis sighed, fussed with her skirt a bit, then closed her
eyes to wait.

Last edited by Derik on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female
Number of posts : 283
Characters : Zeke, Xyn-lea, Rokan, Ru, Matiko, Daryn, Valent
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:34 am

((Since you didnt' really interact and I got a sudden idea, Ima jump in, too.))

Kyne lounged at an empty table in the tavern, drink in hand, and only maybe slightly intoxicated. He'd always enjoyed stopping by in this place when he was around. Friendly patrons, low likelihood of drunken fights, and decent prices. Also, the entertainment was bound to be good when they hired out, not to mention he was somewhat friends with the owners.

Such friendship had come in handy that day, in fact, as Leo had been feeling weak lately and was sleeping soundly in a spare bedroom they were allowed to borrow.

He shut his eyes, leaning back in the seat (which was against the wall; no danger of falling there) and let the atmosphere of the place sink in. Taking a sip of his drink, he looked up and saw a woman with shortish red hair walk in, consider the very few open spaces left, and take a seat across from him. After ordering a simple chunk of bread, Kyne noticed her stealing glances at him.

"Good evening to you," he said with a friendly smile, putting his cup down and resting the front two legs of his chair back on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 am

"Good evening to you."

Kaida stopped stealing glances, and looked directly at him now. Seems I found a friendly tavern. She nodded at him and smiled back. "Evening." She replied, relaxing. She looked up, as the waitress came with her bread, and thanked her, handing her a few coins. She proceeded to rip the bread into smaller chunks, and stuffed a few pieces in her mouth, famished. Taking her waterskin out of her bag, she washed it down with this, not sure if she could drink her own water in here, but not having enough money left to purchase a drink from the bar. After finishing off several chunks of the bread she paused, and asked, "Would you like some?", offering a piece which she hadn't bitten into yet to the man across the table.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 pm

"No, thank you; you seem quite hungry anyway." He took another sip of his drink, wondering when the entertainment would start (he hadn't even asked what was in store for the night) before adding, "I'm Kyne, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:09 am

Kaida was secretly relieved that he didn't want any, and replied "Well, if you're sure." She devoured another chunk of bread, before saying "Kyne, hm? I'm Kaida." She took another chug of water, and wiped her mouth. She glanced at the empty stage, and asked, "Is there often entertainment in here? Or is it just for show?" wondering if she would get to see anyone tonight.
Back to top Go down
Derik

Derik

Male

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Alexis glanced back over at the table again. Who was that guy...? Kane, Kyle, something like that. She'd only seen him a handful of times and the sentences between them could be counted on one hand, surely. Shrugging mentally, she glanced at the 'tender again, who held up three fingers. She grinned. Just about showtime. Standing from her chair, she began her stretches to warm herself up, systematically working all the muscles in her body so she wouldn't pull any of them, starting at the top and working her way down. What would she perform tonight? Perhaps she'd just ask the crowd for a request... yes, that sounded good...
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:17 am

"There's usually some form of entertainment here," replied Kyne, eyes looking to the stage. He spotted a woman he'd seen before beginning to stretch and grinned his usual grin. "And I believe it's quality stuff tonight; I've seen her dance before."

He took a sip of his drink and turned his eyes back to Kaida. "So what brings you here, Kaida? Anything interesting, or are you just another traveler set out to see the world?" He paused, then added, "If you don't mind me asking."
Back to top Go down
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:22 pm

Kaida had finished off her bread while Kyne was commenting about the entertainment. She looked at the stage, now interested in what would be happening, while replying:
"Well, this used to be my hometown, about, hm... lets see... probably about 15 years ago? I trained as an apprentice smithy before setting off to travel the world. It's been so long since I've visited, I decided to see what's happened since I've been gone, try and meet up with a few acquaintances of mine... although I've had no luck finding them yet. Maybe they've moved on..." She paused for a moment, thoughtfully. "So, have you been here long? Or are you a traveller also?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:39 am

"Funny, I used to live here around that same time, although I'd have just been a rascally teenager around then," he said with a hint of mirth in his voice. "I travel, too. Not alone though. Leo and I always end up wandering back here," he finished with a small smile. "As much as we have our reasons to travel and to hate this place, the city keeps pulling us back in."

He took a sip of his drink but realized when nothing came out that it was empty. Kyne toyed with the idea of getting it re filled but decided not to for the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://luz-verhaal.rpg-board.net
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:48 am

"Heh, wouldn't it be funny if we knew each other once..." She trailed off, and put her hand to her mouth thoughtfully. "Hm, I would have been in my early twenties. So, you have a companion? Is he not here with you now?"
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:30 pm

"Sort of," responded Kyne. "He's resting in a room we borrowed from the owners of this place. He.... isn't feeling well."

Perhaps he did want more to drink, after all. He flagged someone down and asked for a refill.
Back to top Go down
Derik

Derik

Male

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 am

((Sorry about the lack of existence, I'm really trying to get back here but school's been so crazy and I'm moving this weekend and whatnot. I'll try to get things figured out, though. Thanks for your patience. ^-^))
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 pm

((All right, take your time lol School can mean insane business a lot of the time XD Have fun moving?))
Back to top Go down
Derik

Derik

Male

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:28 pm

The 'tender gave her the go-get-'em nod. She smiled in return, then began to board the steps.

On the stage, she stayed in the darkness by the curtain, keeping her features hidden. She took a few deep breaths, readying herself. She was stretched, warmed, and ready to go.

Two back-handsprings brought her to the front of the stage, where her startled audience let out a couple whoops and laughs. She bowed. "Hey everyone," she began. "Are we enjoying ourselves tonight?" The crowd nodded a bit. Rolling her eyes in mock frustration, she planted her fists on her hips. "Come on, guys, these are some damn good drinks, let's hear it!" Roars of approval. She smiled. "Now, since I'm feeling selfless," she said to approving chuckles, "I think I'll ask one of you what you would like." Hands immediately went up, accompanied by shouts of "Pick me!" and "Over here!" She scanned the room and found her table.

Twirling over to the other side of the stage, she shouted over to the new girl and Kale. Or whatever the hell his name was. "You two lonely looking darlings, how about you?" The regulars groaned, but they were good humoured. "What kind of dance are you up for? Not a specific dance, of course; what kind of mood are you in?"
Back to top Go down
Cio

Female

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 am

((Sorry for the lack of activity >.<))

Kaida watched the stage with interest, hoping for a good show. As she shouted towards her and Kyne, she looked surprised. "Um, well..." She said, pondering for a moment. She shouted back, "Anticipation!" before looking at Kyne. "Well, if that's ok with you. I mean, I think it was directed at you also?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:14 pm

((Rofl that's fine. If you were gonna take any longer, Kyne woulda had to answer and, well, ask anyone who's roleplayed with me as him.... You didn't want his answer xD))

Kyne shook his head. "Fine with me," he said, wondering what kind of dance "anticipation" would bring. Likely not the kind of dance he was wanting, but good none the less.
Back to top Go down
https://luz-verhaal.rpg-board.net
Derik

Derik

Male

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm

((Sorry for the lack of existence. I just moved, so now I'm rather internetless and therefore have access to it on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. And then I have two hours to complete my homework, then ditch. So yeah. And I'm trying to think of a good way to write up this 'anticipation dance' thing... it might be bad. >_< Anyway, I'll try to post soon.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homecoming   Homecoming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homecoming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Luz Verhaal :: OOC Area :: The wonderful world of Archived Roleplays-
Jump to: