Luz Verhaal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy roleplay site where you can explore a rich world full of fun and adventure.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterinfo!The many races of Luz VerhaalLog in

desert awakening

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2007-11-04

desert awakening - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Ru, drifting in sleepyland, felt that he was being stared at. He opened his eyes to see Arroe leaning against a tree staring at him.

Shirtless.

Ru figured he'd taken half of his clothes off of him to let them dry. He yawned lazily and sat up a bit more, regarding Arroe.

"Feeling better? Sorry about getting you wet, but I thought you might have been under the sun too long so I wanted to cool you down."
Back to top Go down
https://luz-verhaal.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 pm

"yeahh...... thanks ...i guess its been a long day.. since i started searching ....." arroe answered now that he was in a better state of mind than before. since the sleep he seemed to be a bit more talketive towards Ru's questions. "ghh.... its been a rough day for me...." arroe stated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:30 pm

"Rough day? Even if what I saw is the whole of it, that's a rough day." He paused for a moement, curiosity bugging him.

"So.... are you searching for the 'her' that you were talking about before?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Arroe cocked his head " yeah .... so you heard me talking about "her".....its been bugging me since the day she left the church where she was taking care of me....but she hadnt returned after the war between the people i was staying with and these other people who had sometihng against me being here......they said it
it wasnt right for a half vampire to live among them..... and I havent had any luck finding her.." arroe went on telling Ru what had happened before hius journey to seek this mysterious woman.

arroe clutched his sword in his hands slightly unsheathing it to look at the inscriptions on the hilt.
he soon felt wind picking up as it was almost getting dark. "I'll be back in a sec...." arroe left his sword where Ru was incase he was interested in looking at the odd inscriptions. Arroe went to put his under shirt and overvest back on, and noticing one of the cross insignias were slightly falling off of the vest."ahh.... geez now i gotta fix it .... but later...." arroe talked to himself over at the tree, then walked abck to sit where Ru was.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Ru listened to Arroe's story, intrigued by some of it.
He nodded as Arroe went to get his clothes, as the night breeze was sweeping in. Ru was tempted to go look at the sword, but decided not to invade a stranger's privacy.
Arroe returned and Ru continued to make conversation as the sun set.

"So... A church, huh? Where abouts from?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:00 pm

"well its gone now but it was in Myhdeia, it was a beautiful church that was amazingly built but its beauty was destroyed by the hatred of man... "arroe held the sword close to his heart as he closed his eyes remembering the days when he loved being at the church with that girl. " I treasure these things with my life... since they are the only things i have to remember them by......"arroe opened his eyes looking at Ru bringing himself back to reality.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Ru listened to Arroe's ramblings with his usual attention. He didn't really know what to say, however, so he remained quiet. The sun slowly lowered itself, gently touching down on the horizon.

Ru shadowed the glare from his eyes as he looked at the sun.
"Looks like it's getting late," he said. "Traveling through the desert is better at night, you know. So I'm gonna leave soon, I think...." He glanced at Arroe.

"Heading the same way as me? Company's always nice." Even the eccentric kind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Arroe peered into the dim light of the sun. "well.... I guess i gotta start somewhere....i might as well besides i could use some company since it would be a bit lonley going it alone....." he took a glancing turn at Ru, then got up attaching his swordcase to the back of his belt again, and packing up his things making sure he filled his water flask. I dont want that happneing again but i can tell its probably going to get alot more interesting.

Arroe pulled himself together getting ready to set off in search of "her".
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female
Number of posts : 283
Characters : Zeke, Xyn-lea, Rokan, Ru, Matiko, Daryn, Valent
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:24 pm

Ru picked up his stuff from where he'd dropped it earlier in the day and looked to Arroe.

"Any time you wanna take up that challenge..." he said, grinning, as he began to walk through the desert.
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female
Number of posts : 258
Characters : Daxis , shida, Arroe, Kyryuu, sven
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 pm

arroe walked a little faster as he caught up beside Ru." I'll take you on anytime...!" arroe shot his voice to Ru, hunching his bag over his shoulder.

"soo... do you know any good ...towns to stop in???...since i haven't got a map.."
arroe kept his pace along with his tone.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Ru shrugged. "Nera's not the best place to be right now if shopping's on your mind," he said cryptically. He paused for a moment then added, "There,s an outpost in the middle of the desert, though, and they usually have a decent stock of supplies there..."

He kept walking, surveying the surroundings for any sign of trouble; though the night was cooler for travel, it was usually haunted by the more dangerous desert creatures.
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:47 pm

arroe's thoughts were troubling him, but he managed to keephimself from overreacting."no shopping is not on my mind!"he gave a slight glare at Ru.

as they continued walking he felt a slight pulse within him, making him wince, since he had never felt anything like this before. whats happening....to me...arroe thought to himself. arroe felt his breathing become heavy, and his eyes began to glow in the darkness. his movement slowed as he was now behind Ru not making a sound, as his instincts were emerging he waited for the right moment to feed.

his new found power was urging him to feed on Ru's blood, but he was trying to contain himself since he didnt know what to do, but he overpowered by the instincts as he was closer leaning in to bite Ru's neck.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Their walk continued on quietly after Arroe's answer, and Ru almost didn't notice him falling behind. However, he definately noticed when Arroe was coming closer. Instinctively, a sense for danger clicked in and he stepped to the side.

Vampire?! he thought, surprised. Wait, I think I remember him saying something about that...

He pulled out his sword and smirked at Arroe, shaking his head.

"So it's blood you're after? Well, you definitely picked the wrong person. Quite a dangerous person, really. See, you might be half vampire, but I'm half werewolf."
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:29 am

arroe stopped short and pulled out his sword, swiping his hand over to cut it letting blood soak into the blade, to absorb some of his power. arroe watched the blood drip off the blade, as he licked the blood off of his own hand. " it doesn't matter who's blood it is ...as long as I have it...." arroe stated calmly as he walked closer daring fate .

with his vampire powers awakening arroe was losing himself to a higher power, as he charged head on towards Ru. as he danced around Ru's blade he waited for a strike chance to get closer,making a seal on his bloody hand like he had before but making a different pattern this time, aiming for his shoulder to immobilize his ability to strike with the sword."now...hold still ...I'll only be a little while..." arroe smirked.

Arroe leaned close in contact with Ru as he was now behind him. he forced his sword that was now fully coloured red from his own blood, through Ru's back."now then ...hold still...." arroe spoke into Ru's ear as he bit his neck. Arroes body began pulsating when he bit down, and his mind was going crazy.

whats going on....why am ..I why do I... Arroe's mind was entering into a another state of broken mentality as he saw an image of a girl in fancy clothing, and a beautiful smile on her face then watched the image dissipate into dust crystals.
arroe released his hold on Ru, but did not pull his blade back.

"now I know why you left ME!!! because i am a monster! thats it isnt it !!!" arroe was now screaming to nothingness in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:16 pm

(Lolz, I wasn't gonna reply since you wrote me with little choice here, but I kinna think I can work off of it, so nevermind lol)

Ru stood ready, waiting for any movement to key in Arroe's attack. Then, blade red with Arroe's own blood, the half vampire charged for him. He swung the sword around, movement quite fast compared to its size, but always missing Arroe, and Arroe always missing him with his attacks.

Suddenly, as Ru went to attack, Arroe struck him with his hand, and, the seal in blood drawn on there doing its work, Ru's right arm began to go numb. He almost dropped his sword, but grabbed for a better grip with his left hand, knowing he could (hopefully) manage to defend himself with one arm alone.

However, that hesitation had been what Arroe needed.

"Now then... hold still..." He heard whispered into his ear as Arroe's blade ran through him. Arroe bit onto his neck and Ru, powerless to do anything about it, stood there (barely).

Through a haze of pain and blood loss, he felt Arroe step away from him. Ru stumbled onto his knees, barely catching himself from falling entirely.

Fingers digging into the sand, he willed himself to look up, to try and find the moon. If he could just find it, just draw strength from it....

No luck; clouds covered half of the sky.

Ru turned his head, looking at Arroe. In answer to his screams, he spoke harshly.

"I.. I bet you killed them- killed her, didn't.. you?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:18 pm

arroe turned to look at Ru with vicious glaring eyes. as he was halfly resuming his attack, but arroe surprised even himself when he stopped right before he was about to strike. " DOn't you ever say anything about "HER"!!" arroe screamed at Ru.

arroe's power was going back to a dormant sleep inside his body, but only when he stopped himself by biting his hand with the seal making a counterbalance between his power, and the vampiric power within him.

blood from the seal splattered all over his face and all over Ru as it flowed like rain.
at least i know now i can balance it out whatever this power is...arroe was lost in thought, with souless eyes he wandered to over to get his sword that was bloodstained, putting it back in the sheathe, not bothering to clean it.

"I'll find you no matter what..." arroe spoke as he looked to the sky.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Ru flinched when it seemed Arroe was going to strike him, not able to move out of the way. However, he felt a spray of blood as Arroe bit the seal on his hand.
Looks like he's in control of his actions, at least... he thought as he just barely stopped himself from falling over.
I'd better do something quickly, he thought, raising his hand to the wound on his chest and beginning to attempt healing it. His strength was ebbing, especially when added to the healing done earlier on Arroe.

Suddenly, he felt the soft light of the moon touch his face; the clouds had drifted away to reveal a half moon.
Ru let out a sigh of relief and drew power from the lunar light.
After a few more moments effort with the aid of the moon, he figured the wound was no longer vital.

Ru reached for his sword on the ground near by, intending to lean on it to help him get up. Instead, exhausted from healing and weak from being injured, he passed out on the sand.
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:02 pm

arroe's vision was slightly blurred as he walked closer to the passed out Ru.
he couldnt think of anything he could be of help with but in his confused state he sat next to Ru since he was to weak to lift or carry him anywhere at the moment.

arroe sat as he waited for morning,whilst drawing circles in the sand with his fingers, and sifting it through his fingers feeling its grainy texture.
"Can I ever go back to the time where I was happy ?" arroe questioned himself .
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Ru came to with the morning light dancing across the golden desert sand. Hot, white light stung his eyes as they opened and he shielded his eyes from the first impact of the glow. He slowly, tenderly minding the remnants of the nearly mortal wound, sat up and looked around.

The sand in the general area was stained a dark red from the blood of the previous night's fight. He glanced over at Arroe, who sat near by, and was covered in blood, as was Ru himself.

Well, still alive, and that's something... He thought to himself. After wincing as a small movement shot pain up his chest, he added, Probably gonna be the highlight of my day....

"Quite the mess we made, huh..." he said quietly, attempting a light humor.
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 pm

arroe still sat with the sand sifting through his fingers." hmmm... finally awake...huh.."he answered unflinching.

he turned his head to Ru's direction making an emotionless expression to him.
"wellll... that's an understatement......"

"I imagine we should probably find a place we can clean ourselves up from our little mess we had last night...." arroe winced when he looked at the acursed seal on his hand , and immediatly stuck it in the sand in disgust with himself.

what did I do to diserve this ?...arroe sat thinking emotionless
arroe finally getting over himself stood up." well... are you coming Or not?"
he spoke with what seemed to be a little more enthusiastic this time, though disregarding Ru's attempt at humor.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:00 am

Ru got up slowly, trying not to cause himself any discomfort, and shrugged.

"Well, seeing as I'd have to be crazy to still be near you seeing as how you just about killed me...."

He paused.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

Ru looked around. Their best bet was most likely to just go back to the oasis where they'd met. He voiced this to Arroe.
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Arroe paced himself as he walked back to the small pool of water.
he plopped down dropping his stuff beside,as he cupped his hands to gather water in them to drink away the taste of blood.

arroe stared at the glistening water drops on his hands that sparkled like diamonds in the hot desert sunlight. he reached in pulling another cup of water in his hands and splashing his face with it, as he sighed heavily." ...I just don't know where to start... and it will be more tougher for me since i don't know the world yet."
he took painful glances at his hand with the seal that was smudged with dry blood.

" do you think i'll ever find 'her'? ...."arroe blatantly asked Ru, as he unsheathed his sword that had been bloodstained from the night before; being the fact it was Ru's blood,dipping it in the crystal water. waiting for an answer he watched the blood float off the blade like it had turned to mist.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:25 am

Ru followed Arroe to the water and sat near by. He unbuckled the many belts that wound around him and took off the dark vest. Cupping water in his hands, he washed off the blood around his wound. He'd done quite a thorough job of healing it; it looked more than half healed all ready, although still partially open. Reaching for his bag, he pulled out some bandage he had and ripped off a sizeable ammount, winding it around him and then replacing the bandage in his bag.

Sighing, he cupped more water in his hands and washed off his face, merely for the feeling of water washing down him.

"I don't know if you will..." Ru answered, startled a bit by Arroe's question. He grabbed his vest and a sewing needle and thread from his bag and began to mend it. At least I won't have a blood stain on it, he thought. "Maybe if she wants you to find her."
Back to top Go down
chidori

chidori

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:58 am

Arroe had finished cleaning the blade and wiped it dry with a cloth he had pulled out of his bag, then putting the blade back into it's sheathe.
" that's just it i don't know... i mean what if she doesn't even want to see me.?"

Arroe stood up gathering his belongings." we should probably head off soon so we don't have the same thing happen like before?" he said looking now at the blazing sun that was beating down on them with a hand to shade his eyes a bit.

" im guessing it's going to be a long while before we get through this place..."
arroe questioned Ru lightheartedly, as he waited for Ru to finish,he stood under one of the trees close by.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Female

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Ru finished the quick stitching job and donned his vest and belts again, and grabbed his sword. He nodded.

"Well, that outpost is a two day walk from this oasis," said Ru. He looked off into the distance. "At least the only beast that's out wandering during the day are sand worms, and they usually don't bug you unless you stay in one place for too long."

He began to start off, walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: desert awakening   desert awakening - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

desert awakening
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Luz Verhaal :: OOC Area :: The wonderful world of Archived Roleplays-
Jump to: